Jim Maxwell hand engraving a White House ornament.
Handcutting/engraving is a decorating technique whereby the artisan, using a lathe mounted with a carburendum or diamond stone, manipulates the glass on the stone to create a freehand matte-finished design on the glass.
Sandblasting/sandcarving is a process whereby a stream of sand is projected by air at high pressure onto the glass to create a design permanently in the glass.
Iris vase is available in two sizes.
12" - $125.00 each -
9 3/4" - $110.00 each -
The perfect gift for someone who has everything
Your home on glass, hand-crafted by Jim Maxwell. Truely an original work of art. A reproduction of the home is hand engraved onto a glass piece, mounted on a base and signed by the artist. A beautiful gift that can be treasured for years.
We can re-create:
- Childhood Homes
- Houses of Worship
- Places of Business
- Wedding Locations
- Historical Landmarks
- Government Buildings
- we do not work with images of people or animals
This is what we will need from you:
- A clear photograph at least 3"X5", black and white or color or a digital image (no Polariods or newspaper photos, please)
- The entire house must be visible - and angled shot is best
- Two lines of type can be added for an additional $5.00 per line
- Nothing can be added to the scene
- People and animals will be deleted from the picture
- Payment is required with your order
- Please allow two to four weeks for completion
4x6 or 5x7 rectangle on walnut base available.
This is an example of what Jim Maxwell can do with a picture of your home or special building.
4x6 or 6x9 oval mounted on mirrored glass available. This particular piece comes mounted on it's own glass stand and the picture is entirely clear as the original glass.
The photo below is original picture used to make the piece above, the background here is darkened in order to show the detail.
4" x 6" oval mounted on mirrored glass $45.00
6" x 9" oval mounted on mirrored glass $60.00
4" x 6" rectangle mounted on walnut base $50.00
5" x 7" rectangle mounted on walnut base $75.00